Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Last Week in North Olmsted

I really don't have much to say this week. We had a trainers meeting at the mission home on Tuesday. I left after the meeting to go on exchanges and came back Wednesday night to teach a few of our investigators. One is Stephanie who is working on quitting smoking so she can be baptized. We gave her a church tour a week or two ago and ever since then, she has had a great desire to learn and progress. She said that she felt the Spirit strongly in the chapel and wants to continue to feel that peaceful, filling feeling. Thursday we were at the mission office at 10am to start our Transfer Meeting. It took about 6-7 hours and afterwards President and Sister Sorensen took us to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Elder Parkinson's 20th birthday! I ate way too much and almost threw up when we left - but I've still gained NO weight! It's absurd. Also, we had a big snow storm and there is finally snow on the ground. It's been really warm weather - getting snow this late is also absurd.

On Wednesday I will be transferred to Shaker Heights to serve as one of the Kirtland Zone Leaders. Elder Bills is there now and I will be replacing him to serve with Elder Hansen. Being a Kirtland Zone Leader is also called being the mission Relief Society President... Because the Kirtland Zone is mostly made up of Sister Missionaries. As one in my ward put it yesterday, this will be a completely new form of leadership that is nothing like being an Assistant or a normal Zone Leader. I will be in charge of 16 (soon to be 26) sister missionaries and will have to uplift, support, and love them but in a professional kind-of-way. I think? Luckily there are two Training Sisters (they're like Kirtland Historical Sites ZL's - are in charge or coordinating all the efforts on sites) and the Sites Director, Elder Edman. They do a lot with the Sisters - we're mostly just in charge of their proselyting missionary work. I'm way excited though. Being released will give me so much more time to work in the field and teach more people!! And Elder Hansen, my new companion, is awesome. We're going to have a blast.

Next week I'm sure I'll have more to say. Tonight we have a few appointments with investigators who I will teach for the last time, but then I have to pack and get ready. Tomorrow the new missionary arrivals get there and the following day is transfer meeting. I love you all and hope everyone is happy. If you're not, come on a mission :)

Love, Elder D

My new address:

Elder David Dransfield
2635 N. Moreland Blvd #103
Cleveland, OH 44120



No comments:

Post a Comment