Monday, April 25, 2011

Now Behold, A Marvelous Work is About to Come Forth!

This week we taught Dorothy twice. We set a baptismal date with her Tuesday and Thursday had an amazing lesson. Probably the strongest (Spirit-wise) lesson I've taught on my mission. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation at Dorothy's younger brothers house (the Griffith's) and not too far into the lesson her other brother and sister-in-law (who are visiting from Utah) pulled up. Dorothy hadn't had the chance to see her 'baby' brother yet so we paused the lesson and stepped aside as the family said their hellos and gave their hugs. We quickly got right back into the lesson and continued to teach the first half of the Plan of Salvation (ie where did I come from, why am I here). At some point, the sister-in-law from Utah bore her tear-filled testimony of the Book of Mormon, and the Spirit flooded the home. It was one of those moments as a missionary when you know that everyone else in the room was feeling the confirmation and influence of the Holy Ghost. It was just... Wow. We recognized the feeling that was present and I proceeded to bear testimony of the Holy Ghost and another wave of Spirit seemed to hit us all! And it was there, strong and true the rest of the meeting! Even the prayer at the end, offered by her 'baby' brother was powerful! I don't really know how to describe the experience with words... That burning bosoms, full feeling of love. It really helped me to understand the scriptures in the Doctrine and Covenants Section 50:

"Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question -- unto what were ye ordained?
To Preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth" (v. 13-14).
"Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together" (v. 22).

What a truly, edifying experience as I come to understand our relationship with the Spirit more clearly.

Easter was fun! We had a very good lunch (at the Griffiths!) and a very good dinner! We got lots of Easter treats from ward members and, like every holiday as a missionary, it was great to just focus on the actual meaning of Easter - Christ's death and resurrection. Yet nobody has answered my question: Where the heck did the Easter Bunny come from??

Well... that's pretty much it. Our dryer got fixed this week! But our dishwarsher still doesn't work (yes, warsher). I'll be doing a lot of traveling around my zone this week - will be in Wooster, OH tomorrow morning, Akron OH Wednesday and Thursday morning, Massillon, OH Friday, New Philadelphia, OH Saturday. Good thing I don't have to bike to all these places! (they're all 20 min to an hour away from us). The reason being we're attending all the District Meetings in our Zone so that we can try to resolve a few problmes we've been noticing as a mission. It's always nice to get to see the zone, but driving 45 minutes, sitting in a 2 hour meeting, and then driving 45 minutes back doesn't always sound nice... Haha but it's all good. I'm excited!

Have a great week whoever is reading this! Remember my favorite scripture found in the New Testament:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Be of good cheer! The Lord commands it! We have nothing to worry about as we realize that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer! Through Him we can have peace! I know this is true! I feel it every day! Be happy! Be obedient and love your life!

Love, Elder Dransfield

No comments:

Post a Comment