Monday, February 21, 2011

The Toughest Week of my Mission

This was one of the hardest weeks of my mission. If not the hardest. There were many times when I would want to just throw in the towel, drive back to the apartment, and sleep. But my companion and I made sure to keep each other in line (it was one of his worst weeks too).

We had an amazing investigator decide that she didn't want to take lessons anymore. It was pretty abrupt and unexpected. We were heartbroken. Did her family "anti" her? Were we too pushy? Did something happen to upset her? Her father didn't want her to get baptized too quickly, so we have been teaching her slowly and every week she would love what we teach. She has felt the power of the Holy Ghost, so hopefully she will be able to remember the things we have taught her to keep her safe and happy. Whether the church is for her or not, I don't care. I know that our teachings bring people happiness and bring families closer together. And that's all I want, is for those I serve here in Findlay to be happy and filled with the joy that I have in my life.

This just in --- Looked outside and the snow is blowing SIDEWAYS! It's not snowing down, it's snowing to the right... The wind is crazy and the snow is falling! I think the world is falling sideways!...or something like that.

We have a baptism this weekend with Mandy and her daughter Catie. Their husband/father will be baptizing them. He fell away from the church many years ago and came to the missionaries to seek help quitting smoking. Now his family (Mandy and him have three little girls, one who is getting baptized) is praying every night together and have been coming to church for the past two months! They are excited to be baptized and we are even more excited! To make such beautiful covenents with our Heavenly Father and qualify for the gift of the Holy Ghost is one of the most amazing things we can do on this earth! The Holy Ghost is such an amazing blessing we have the opportunity to have with us and as missionaries we are nothing without him. In fact, Preach My Gospel tells us that we shouldn't be teaching people without him.

We've done a few hours of tracting (knocking on doors) this week. We did a lot in Toledo, but here in Findlay we have so much (teaching) going on that we don't have time to tract. The people here are much nicer than in Toldeo. A year or so ago there was a huge flood that happened in Findlay and LDS missionaries from all over came to Findlay in their yellow service shirts and started to clean up the town. Many people remember that and so treat us well when we show up at their door. They'll chat with us and then nicely tell us their not interested, that they have another faith. BE NICE TO MISSIONARIES, EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED! OR ELSE I WILL COME AND BEAT YOU UP!...in a year and a half. :)

I've been attacking my huge bag of letters recently. I've been writing a letter or two at each lunch. So you'll all start writing me back soon...good grief! Don't hesitate to take a few weeks to write me back! Haha.

My life is the best it has ever been, and that is no doubt due to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Obedience is the key to true and eternal happiness. Our Heavenly Father and created a perfect plan for us to be happy, to learn, and to be able to return to live with Him. And as we are obedient to His commandments, we WILL be happy. We WILL have peace in our lives. Our families WILL be stronger. We WILL be able to return to our Father's presence and live with our families for eternity. Families CAN be together forever! I love this church so much! It has changed my life forever and I can't wait to help others find this happiness! I love you all! This church is true. If you don't believe me, go and read the Book of Mormon and ask God Himself if it is true. I'd bet my life on it. Simple as that. I love you all! I love my family! I love the people of Ohio! I love the missionaries I serve with! I love our Savior, Jesus Christ! I love our Heavenly Father! Have a great week everyone!

Love, Elder David Dransfield
 The Kirkland Temple

The wind/snow today almost blew me away!

 Look at my pants... the wind was blowing so hard today!

Two of my favorite missionaries: Elder Tracy and Elder Talbot

No comments:

Post a Comment