Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Alma 26:27

This week was pretty discouraging and frustrating. It seemed that all of our investigators disappeared off the face of the earth. Appointments kept getting canceled, people sick, people out of town, the truck's engine light went on, the battery died, etc. We worked and worked and worked yet didn't see the fruits of anything by the end of the week. Mandy and Catie are both still on the right path that is leading to baptism. Aaron has quit smoking so that he can baptize his family - it's not easy, but we know he can do it as long as he relies on the Lord! It almost feels as if we didn't do anything last week :(

This week is transfers week. Every 6 weeks "transfers" happen where our Mission President and his two assistants prayerfully rearrange the missionaries who they feel prompted to move. Us Zone Leaders get information about transfers from Saturday evening til Monday evening. Then as soon as we find out whose leaving their areas we tell them to pack there bags! We do not know where they are going. All the missionaries who are going to new areas then meet in Kirtland, Ohio where we have a meeting all together and announce the changes. I'll be going tomorrow while my companion stays in Findlay to work (with a temporary missionary whose new companion I'll be driving back to Findlay with). In Kirtland I will be announcing the changes happening to the Findlay Zone. It's kind of fun to get to be there for all the changes - you get to see old friends, past companions, and see what's happening mission-wide.

This past Wednesday we had a Zone Development Meeting. Basically what it is is a meeting where our whole zone (10 missionaries plus us 2 Zone Leaders) meet together at the church building here in Findlay and we give different workshops, practice our teaching as we role-play, and sing and teach each other. It's meant to strengthen us spiritually and doctrinally (is that a word?) and learn from one another. At this last one I taught about The Restoration and how important the message we share about it is! Bruce R. McConkie gave a wonderful talk about it's importance and the importance of the scripture in the Bible, The Epistle of James 1:5. The talk is called, Once or Twice in a Thousand Years (here's a link to it: http://lds.org/ensign/1975/11/once-or-twice-in-a-thousand-years?lang=eng). We talked about ways we could improve our teaching and understanding of such an important message we share. I'll include a picture of my zone that I'm in charge of.

The weather in Findlay is beautiful! For the past few days we have had the sun out, in the 40's/low-50's, with a slight breeze. The snow is melting and the GREEN grass is showing again! (the grass here is ALWAYS green - and they don't use a sprinkler system! It's humid here enough to keep it green or something). We are supposed to have a little bit of rain and then next week snow again. I can't wait for the spring!

Well, I don't have much more to say. I leave with you my testimony that I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. That through is Atonement we may all be cleansed and purified. That as we rely on the gospel of Jesus Christ, all our problems may be solved and such light and joy may enter our lives! I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father, that we are all sons and daughters of Him. I know that if one is to read The Book of Mormon and pray about it, they shall know by the power and manifestation of the Holy Ghost that it the word of God. It is truly Another Testament of Jesus Christ - nothing more, nothing less. I know that families can be together forever. I know that we can return to live with our Father in Heaven if we endure to the end of our short time in this life. Christ's church has been restored! And he invites all men everywhere to come unto him! I love my family so much, and am humbled and grateful as I look at the fan club I have all over the world (California, Utah, Texas, Nevada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and soon to be Spain...)! I love you all! Read the Book of Mormon! It's the best book on the earth! The Bible is good too ;)

Love, Elder David Dransfield
 The Findlay Zone Missionaries

Giant icycle

 Eating a pizookie after a zone meeting

Elder Dransfield and his roomate missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment