Monday, November 8, 2010

Another week in Ohio

Hey Everyone!

I'll try to keep this short because I've been writing a ton in the past emails!

The mission is going well. We have been tracting a lot and have found a few interested people. We have been working with less-active members and two have been coming back to church and are really enjoying being back. It's amazing to see the change that you see in their lives and see how much happier and brighter they look.

My companion had some leadership training meetings in Cleveland from Tuesday to Wednesday so I was paired up with two other missionaries for the two days. They came to our area (Point Place) and so I had to step up and not be the junior missionary anymore. It was a good experience to have to take charge and make the "executive" decisions - if that makes sense.

I had my first Hawaiian Haystack last night! I finally feel like a real Mormon! (haha...that was a joke). It was good though! An easy dinner to feed a lot of people...

This past week we had one or two pretty cold days. I wore my biggest/warmest coat and was just fine, so hopefully I wont freeze to death this winter! They say that January and February are the coldest months... I've also had to start using my piano "skills" at church meetings because not many people out here play the piano. I guess those 7 years of lessons are paying off... Although I'm so rusty! I'm glad I can help out in that way though.

Well, that's pretty much it. We received a referral for a woman who wanted to receive a free Bible. We brought it over to her and she was also interested in the Book of Mormon so we talked to her about it and gave her one. She says she's really interested. Maybe something will come out of it.

I love this gospel. It has blessed my life so much as it gives so much direction and peace in ones life. As we help those less-actives regain that desire to come back to church and then see the light in their eyes become reignited, I feel like I am finally doing something out here. I have such a great testimony of the Book of Mormon. I have never loved this book so much and the more I study it the more I understand it and learn from it. I recently came across a cool verse in the Doctrine and Covenants. Section 33 verse 8: "Open your mouths and they shall be filled, and you shall become even as Nephi of old, who journeyed from Jerusalem in the wilderness." - Section 33 is all about missionary work, and I find that as I follow this cousel and teach by the Spirit, what comes out of my mouth is exactly what investigators or less-actives need to here. I told a story to a less-active concerning tithing, and yesterday she said that the story pops into her head every night. At the time I didn't know why I felt like sharing that story with her, but now I understand.

I love and miss you all. I think about you all often. Thank you for your letters! I am trying my best to stay on top of those.

Elder Dransfield

No comments:

Post a Comment