Monday, December 5, 2011

A short note

I don't have much to report on this week. Tomorrow we have the new missionaries coming in and Wednesday our transfers meeting in Kirtland. We have 8 or 9 Kirtland Sisters going home this transfer which has caused us to do a lot of consolidating and rearranging proselyting areas. Our Transfer Meeting (where we fast and pray about where to transfer missionaries) took us from 10am to 5pm!!! We were done by like 3pm or so but then we have the office staff come in and look at cars, apartments, new districts, new assignments, etc. It's pretty exciting. Afterwards the Sorensen's took us out to Olive Garden, my favorite! :)

The Christmas Devotinal last night was awesome! And I cannot wait for all of these "The Life of Jesus Christ Bible Vidoes" to come out!!! Anyone whose reading this should watch this short introduction video http://lds.org/bible-videos/videos/introduction?lang=eng. And the videos of his birth are perfect for the Christmas Season.

We're still teaching Erica and she's doing well. We're going over to a members house for Family Home Evening tonight with her, it should be lots of fun! But I really don't have much to report on. Lots of meetings, only taught about 12 lessons this week (which is pretty low seeing we didn't have anytime for tracting). Feels like we spend all day in the office sometimes - good thing I love the office staff so much! Everytime we get together we're laughing! Haha we have a good time together. But I do know that God is real and that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love my mission and the people here in Ohio. Hard to believe I've been here for almost 15 months. Yuck, I can't think about it. A few of you have asked me about Christmas Presents - I really don't want/need anything. If you want to send me some stuff I can give to less-active families or investigators that'd be cool (i.e. Scripture markers, or... I don't know.) But instead how about everyone can save their money and put it in savings for when YOU serve a mission :) Love you all, have a great week!

Love, Elder Dransfield

No comments:

Post a Comment