Friday, October 8, 2010

Last letter from the MTC - sent 10/8/10

In 4 days I'll be on my way to Ohio! Crazy how fast it's gone by. I'll try my hardest to remember what has happened this week - it's gone by SO fast.

Saturday/Sunday - Conference. Conference was AWESOME!! And it was cool to watch it with a gym full of missionaries. Conference was possibly my favorite. Elder Scott also gave a really good talk (I know he's dads favorite!)
Monday/Tuesday - the district above us (they got here the Wednesday before us) left. It was sad. One of the missionaries was Elder Clark - he went to high school with Sean Horrocks, played tennis with him or something (sorry if I spelled that wrong, I'm too tired to care), and left for Mississippi.
Wednesday - the new batch of Elders came in. One of them was Matthew Kirkham's roommates at BYU! (Speaking of Matthew, congrats on your mission call! He's headed to Spain, very cool) The new district are going to Florida and New Jersey. I'm still jealous of the Hawaii Elders
Thursday - my companion and I went to a hospital to get his foot looked at. 8 years or so ago he had foot surgery and has been having some pretty bad pains there recently. They took xrays, found out that his surgery was not done correctly, he needs to get it fixed. Recovery would take 6-8 weeks.
Today - he called home, him and his parents decided they would fix it after his mission.

I'm very very very very tired. Not so much physically and spiritually. Went to the temple today - awesome, as always. I've seen a LOT of friends from BYU - on Wednesday Rufus came in. It's nice to see familiar faces. What else could I write about... Our zone is really awesome. My district and the district below us (going to long beach and hawaii) are way close and have a ton of fun together. I'm gonna miss these guys. Half of our district leaves for Denver, Colorado on Monday, so we'll have a whole day without them. It will be wayyy weird. Even though we've only been here for 2 1/2 weeks, it feels like it's been months. So we're all like brothers. BUT we're all SOOO excited to get to Ohio. The MTC is great and I've learned and grown SO much, but I'm ready for the real world. Ready to meet and talk to real investigators.

Mom - I did forget to mention the cookies you guys sent me. Thank you, they were/are (there are still a few more) delicious. And thank you Sister Scott/the Scotts for those amazing cinnamon rolls. They. Are. The. Best. Thing. We've (yes, I share). Eaten. In. Two. Weeks. Thank you. As for the food here, it's still pretty awful, but bearable. I've learned what to trust and not trust. HA! Funny story - the orange juice. We've heard rumors how it's dangerous. Three of us decided to test this out. We drank 5 glasses of orange juice. Turns out they put laxatives in the orange juice. I'll stick with water/raspberry lemonade.

I don't think I'm going to write letters today. I'm just too beat. But know that I read and enjoy every letter. A lot. They make my day, so keep on writing them! IF YOU WRITE ME ON DEAR ELDER (Bailey) MAKE SURE YOU WRITE YOUR ENTIRE ADDRESS OR I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WRITE YOU BACK! I would not write me from DearElder after Sunday/Monday morning because they usually take half a day/a day until I get them, and I leave EARLY Tuesday morning. So I will not receive the dearelders.

Alright. I wont email again for 2 mondays (monday will be my p-day in Ohio). But I'm sure my next email will be awesome as I will be in Ohio! :)

I end this with my testimony. There is nowhere I'd rather be right now than here, serving the Lord. The experiences I have had here have been amazing, and just strengthen my testimony and knowledge of the truthfullness of this gospel. Our Heavenly Father loves all of us, more than we can imagine. Pray to him often. He'll always listen. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, and is a prophet of this last dispensation. And the Book of Mormon - the keystone to this relgion - is the most true book on this earth. Moroni promises at the end that all those who read it, and pray to know if it's true with pure intent, will receive an answer. I challenge all of you who haven't prayed to know of this truthfulless to do so. I have. I have received my answer. I know this church is true. I love and miss you all. God bless.

Elder David Dransfield

No comments:

Post a Comment